- 08 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
SysAid Upgrade Guide
- Updated on 08 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Thank you for choosing to upgrade to the latest version of SysAid! For a full list of included updates, please see the release notes.
You can only upgrade up to two versions ahead of your current version.
If you are running a 32 bit version of SysAid, we recommend migrating to a 64 bit installation.
Upgrade your version of SysAid
Before you begin the upgrade, ensure that you backup your database. If you are running SysAId on a VM, take a snapshot of the application server.
- Download the appropriate version of the SysAid patch file to the computer which hosts the SysAid server. There are several versions of the patch file:
- Basic/Full Edition upgrade for Windows 64-bit
- Free Edition upgrade for Windows
Make sure to remember where you save the downloaded file.
To upgrade to the latest version of SysAid, you must have a valid support and maintenance account. You can check the status of your support account by attempting to log in to the SysAid Help Desk. If you find that your account has expired, please contact our support team.
- Run the downloaded patch file.
- Click Next on the first screen. As suggested, you can close any unnecessary applications to improve performance of the installer.
- Carefully read the license agreement. Click "I accept the agreement" and then click Next.
- Select the location of your SysAid server. The default installation location is already selected. Click Next.
- Please wait while SysAid is upgraded to the latest version. You will receive a confirmation message when the upgrade is complete. Click Finish to close the installer.
If you have questions or issues at any time during installation, please contact our friendly support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please wait a few minutes before logging in to the system to ensure that all post-installation updates are completed.
Congratulations! You've successfully upgraded to the latest version of SysAid. You can read about all of the new features in the full release notes, and you can learn how to use these new features by consulting our Online Help.