- 31 Jan 2024
Configure the AI Chatbot for End Users
- Updated on 31 Jan 2024
The AI Chatbot utilizes organizational data combined with Large Language Models (LLMs) to generate intelligent, solution-oriented responses to user queries in chat threads. These automated responses save the time that Admins would otherwise need to spend crafting articulate, relevant answers to user inquiries.
- The “Enable SysAid Copilot” checkbox is only clickable if the SysAid account has a valid license
- If the checkbox is unchecked, AI Chatbot features won’t be accessible
This document provides a brief overview of how SysAdmins can:
Configure the AI Chatbot Service Catalog Tile
Access to the AI Chatbot will appear as a Service Catalog Item.
You can customize this Service Catalog Item on the page shown above and customize:
- Specify which User Groups to include or exclude
- Specify with companies to include or exclude
- Specify whether guest users can access the Chatbot
To customize the AI Chatbot Service Catalog Item, go to
Service Desk > General Settings > Self-Service Portal > Service Catalog Items > Chatbot
Customize the AI Chatbot
You can customize your AI Chatbot in the Manage section so that its ‘look and feel’ is aligned with your organization’s brand and tone of voice.
To access these settings, click the cogwheel icon in the AI Chatbot’s left panel.
This is where you customize your AI Chatbot’s configurations, entering values for the following (editable) fields:
- Organization Details
- AI Chatbot Name: Appears in the AI Chatbot interface, SSP Header button, and Service Catalog Item
- Organization Name: Displayed in various parts of the chatbot interface to help identify your organization
- AI Chatbot Name: Specifies the role of the AI Chatbot, such as 'Support Agent', 'Virtual Assistant', etc.; used to personalize the AI Chatbot’s responses
- AI Chatbot User Role: Defines the role of the user, such as 'employee', 'customer', etc.
- Time range of used SR data: The time frame of data analyzed from Service Records and referenced by the AI Chatbot
- Chat System Message (Prompt): Allows you to modify the Assistant’s ‘personality’ and provide specific instructions about its behavior throughout the conversation
- Automatic Messages
- Welcome Message (triggered when the AI Chatbot window first opens)
- Starter Message (triggered after the end user clicks the Message button
- Error Message
- Defining the user’s role allows you to specify whether the user is an employee or a customer, so that the automated dialogue is most natural to the use case
- Let your personal AI Chatbot and its ‘Chatbot name’ reflect your brand voice and the value proposition of your product or service
- Editing the Chat System Message means you can modify the AI Chatbot’s personality and provide guidelines for its behaviors/responses
- If you make changes to your Chat System Message, you can reset its content to the default System Message provided by SysAid at any time – by clicking the "Reset" button
Chatbot Message Examples
Here are some examples to get you started with your AI Chatbot’s Automatic Messages:
Greetings, <%= orgName %> superstar!
It's me, your virtual work buddy, ready to solve any issues you may encounter! Let me know what happened, and I’ll help you troubleshoot independently and save time.
Feel free to ask me questions such as (but not limited to),
"What is the office Wi-Fi password?", "How can I update my Adobe credentials?", or "How do I gain access to my corporate email?"
Hi <%= firstName %>, How can I support you today?
Oops! It seems we’ve encountered an error. Please try again.
Disable Service Record Creation via AI Chatbot
SysAdmins can disable the ability to submit a Service Record from the AI Chatbot.
To disable this ability, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Chatbot Settings > General
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled “Allow Service Record submission via Chatbot”
- Click ‘Save’
Configure AI Chatbot Data Sources
Your Chatbot can retrieve organization-specific solutions from your:
- Q&A Sets
- Knowledge Base Articles
- Service Record Data
- Service Record data includes:
- Messages sent from Admin to Request User
- Notes from the Admin that are visible to the Request User
- The default time frame for Service Records being accessed by the AI Chatbot is two years, but can be adjusted to suit your needs
- Closed Service Records' data is available within thirty minutes of its closure.
Configure AI Chatbot Guardrails
You can increase the compliance and security of your organization's AI Chatbot so that end users cannot misuse or violate the AI Chatbot's functionalities, permissions, security protocols, and ethical standards cannot be misused or violated.
Configuring the AI Chatbot's Guardrails Rules involves defining two parameters:
AI Chatbot Guardrails Rules
These default rules relate to topics or texts that end users might include in their queries, such as:
- Inappropriate content (profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, etc.)
- Embedded content or commands
- Requests to change system instructions
- Requests to change scripting, language coding, command language, etc.
- Attempts to access data or functionality outside the scope of the intended query processing
- Attempts to exploit potential vulnerabilities in the system
- Attempts to hide malicious intent or content
SysAid Copilot provides eight default Guardrails Rules which the AI Admin can choose whether to edit, keep, or remove.
User Violation Message
You can create a User Violation Message (System Message) to serve as the AI Chatbot's automatic response to user queries that violate your organization's Input Compliance Rules.
This automated message can also explicitly specify which of your Input Compliance Rules were violated.
To modify (or disable) your AI Chatbot's Guardrails Rules and content, go to AI Chatbot Settings > General > Guardrails section.