- 31 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Manage Attachments Storage
- Updated on 31 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
SysAid's Attachment Storage Management page, helps admins (with SysAid Administrator permissions) stay within their allowed attachments data capacity by enabling them to filter, export, and delete data.
When managing your data we recommend you to:
- Export all your data locally before deleting it.
- Delete all data from SysAid that is older than 1-2 years unless you specifically know that you need it.
- Repeat this process every 3-6 months.
View your storage usage
You can see how much of your allotted storage you are using in the in the About window which you can access from the profile menu.
To view your storage usage:
- Click your user name in the top-right corner to open the profile menu.
- Select About.
- Locate the Storage row.
- (Optional) to navigate to the Manage Attachment Storage page, click Manage Storage.
- In the Attachments Storage Per Year area, select the year you want to see attachments for.
- (Optional) To filter the data by size, select if you want to see data that's Greater than or Less than a certain size, and enter the size and if it's in MB or KB.
- (Optional) To filter the data by date, select from what date you want to see data for. Note that the date filter is relevant to the selected year only.
Exporting data allows you to back it up in your external storage solution so that you can free up SysAid storage space without losing the data.
When a file is exported SysAid assigns its zipped file a name using the following convention:
[account name]/[entity types]/[folder for each entity]/all the attachments for that entity, for example: ".../service_req/2230/ABC.jpg".
To export data:
- Select the check boxes corresponding to the file types you want to export.
- Click Export.
This process may take a while and only one export can be performed at a time. Once the export is completed, the data appears in the Exported Data area when you refresh the page.
- Click Download to download the exported data.
Once your data is backed up or you've determined you don't need it, you can delete it to increase your available storage space in SysAid. Please note that deleting attachments does not delete the tickets or assets they were attached to. Those remain intact in your SysAid records.
To delete data:
- Select the check boxes corresponding to the files you want to delete.
- Click Delete.Important:This process may take a while and only one deletion can be performed at a time. Once the files are deleted, they are removed from the displayed results when you refresh the page.